Here at J L Brooks we realise the importance of doing our bit to limit the impact we have as a business on the environment. We are always reviewing the way we work to lower our Carbon footprint or enhance our green credentials.
Here are some of the ways we achieve this:
- We recycle all cardboard, plastic and glass waste wherever possible.
- We encourage all staff to use sparingly electric, gas and water.
- We actively promote local products with fewer delivery miles.
- Our vehicles are run on bio-diesel where possible.
- All our vehicles are checked on a daily basis to ensure correct tyre pressures and road worthy condition to increase MPG.
- We regularly review our delivery schedule to ensure efficiency and keep delivery miles to a minimum.
- We gladly remove cardboard or packaging we have delivered to our customers and recycle it.
If you have any suggestions how we could improve our environmental policy don't hesitate to contact us.
Green Wholesaler Award - 2012 & 2013
In Recognition of our efforts to be an environmentally responsible wholesaler, we were delighted to have won the Small Retail Wholesaler award in the Green Wholesaler of the Year event of 2012.